We are currently hiring a full-time Buyer at our EMCO HVAC location in Surrey, BC.
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for procuring material for resale and for managing the entire inventory at the Profit Centre. You will maintain all of the inventory controls in the computer system and update them as required. You will negotiate with vendors to obtain the best pricing, delivery, and terms of purchase to ensure optimal order fill rates and high levels of customer satisfaction. Additional duties will include:
- Analyze product on hand and projected sales
- Create vendor purchase orders to maintain product mix, optimize material in the Profit Centre and satisfy projected sales
- Monitor vendor shipments and receipts to ensure material arrives within the prescribed parameters established; expedites customer orders when required
- Meets or exceeds the Profit Centre targets for fill rate and stale inventory
- Research and resolve inventory discrepancies which may include physically locating the product
- Collaborate with teammates on current shortages/outages of products
- Regularly engage with teammates to gain insights on product preferences of customers
- Ensure all customer orders have been fulfilled to maintain compliance
- Cancel orders that are no longer needed to ensure inventory accuracy
- Work in conjunction with warehouse teammates to ensure timely delivery of products from vendors
- Perform system product file maintenance for the Profit Centre and work with Product Management Group when required for updates and changes
- Negotiate vendor returns, special buys and local rebate programs
- Maintain market intelligence and report pricing level changes, market conditions that may impact inventory levels
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- College and/or University degree (preferred)
- A minimum of 1 year of purchasing or inventory control experience
- Able to analyze sales and inventory data, and understand market trends to make informed purchasing decisions
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Previous experience with or knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
- Previous HVAC knowledge
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We welcome all applications to ensure we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities in which we live and serve. Should you require an accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.