Commercial Quotations Specialist
EMCO Corporation is the leading plumbing and heating wholesaler in Calgary Alberta. For over 116 years, EMCO has been the trusted supplier of quality, sustainable and innovative plumbing and heating products for homeowners, designers, home builders and contractors.
Our small, but talented team of professionals, have been the key to our success. We are a high-performing, cross-functional team that support each other on a daily basis to ensure we provide total customer satisfaction…always! We believe every customer’s needs are important and unique and we use this as our guiding principle.
Our team is growing, and we have an exciting full-time opportunity available for a Commercial Quotations Specialist at our EMCO Calgary foothills location.
What You’ll Do:
As a Commercial Quotations Specialist, you will be responsible for interacting with architects, builders, engineers, contractors, and business owners and interpreting project requirements to create competitive quotations and submittal packages. You will provide exceptional customer service required to secure the sale and meet or exceed gross profit targets. In addition, you will negotiate with vendors to obtain the best pricing, delivery, and terms of purchase to ensure optimal order fill rates and high levels of customer satisfaction for project material.
Additional duties will include:
- Interpret complex information including building plans to determine customer requirements and offer solutions that maximize profitability and create high levels of customer satisfaction
• Create accurate and professional quotations packages from customer specifications/drawings using applicable software
• Negotiate pricing and delivery terms with both vendors and customers; expedite orders when required
• Create pricing contracts based on accepted quotation to ensure accurate pricing; create ship to accounts
• Follow up on outstanding quotations to secure orders and improve upon the process and effectiveness
• Follow up with customers to ensure orders are filled properly and promptly
• Investigate customer and vendor problems, and resolve pricing shortfalls and material returns in a timely manner
• Support the team at our location as an expert in the specifics around projects and product information
• Communicate effectively with teammates to ensure customer expectations, in regard to their orders, are upheld
• Communicate to the Manager and Credit Department any changes in a customer’s business that might cause a credit risk
• Perform other tasks as requested by the Manager
What We Are Looking for From You:
- College and/or University degree or Equivalent experience
• A minimum of 1 year of related experience
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
• Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
• Ability to develop comprehensive product and product application knowledge
• High level of detail orientation and organizational abilities; work under tight timelines and multiple deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
• Energetic, self-motivated, and able to work independently
• Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
• Intermediate math skills
- Previous experience with or knowledge of plumbing, heating and building products
• Knowledge of the construction industry
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation prides itself on being a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We also offer all our teammates:
• The opportunity to be paired with a great mentor and receive on-the-job training
• Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
• A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
• Participation in our Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Wellness and Employee and Family Assistance Programs
• Work-life balance
• Employee discount
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: Devan at DMacPherson@emcoltd.com
Emco is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. Emco is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.