At EMCO Corporation, our widespread success comes from an uncompromising commitment to our people. If you want to join an innovative, nationally recognized, and growing wholesale distribution company – then come explore a career with us!
We are currently hiring a full-time Customer Service Representative at our EMCO HVAC location in North Vancouver. BC.
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As a Customer Service Representative, you will provide sales support to customers via telephone, email, and walk-ins to our Profit Centres. You will provide the highest level of customer service by answering customer inquiries, generating sales leads, and closing sales to increase profit sharing. Support will also be provided to the Outside Sales function. Additional duties will include:
- Answer telephone calls, emails and in person questions from customers and identify their needs
- Research product for customers and provide recommendations on our assortment of product
- Enter sales orders generated from Profit Centre customers via fax, phone, emails, and texts
- Grow and retain established customer base and develop new business for the Profit Centre
- Follow up on backorders with vendors and provide customers accurate delivery dates
- Send and follow-up with request for quotes to vendors
- Process returns and warranty claims to customers both on account and cash sales including paperwork in compliance with all procedures
- Support Counter Sales and Outside Sales activities as part of the team
- Resolve issues related to customer orders in accordance with our policies and procedures (SPIs)
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with customer service or counter sales
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to identify customer needs, provide profitable solutions and close the sale
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks
- Intermediate math skills
- Able to learn how to operate material handling equipment
- Previous experience with or knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
- Experience using Word, Excel, and Outlook
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We welcome all applications to ensure we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities in which we live and serve. Should you require an accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.