|At EMCO Corporation, our widespread success comes from an uncompromising commitment to our people. If you want to join an innovative, nationally recognized, and growing wholesale distribution company – then come explore a career with us!
We are currently hiring a full-time Driver at our EMCO Plumbing location in Vaughan, Ontario.
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As a Driver, you will load trucks, make deliveries and pickups at both customer and vendor locations. You will work in a safe manner in accordance with all laws, regulations, and company policies. You will be friendly, observant, and able to determine customer needs and communicate that information back to the Profit Centre Manager or Warehouse Supervisor.
Additional duties will include:
- Drive the EMCO truck in a safe manner and in compliance with company policy, applicable traffic laws and provincial Ministry of Transportation legislation. Destinations include job sites, customer facilities, vendor facilities, other EMCO locations, other wholesaler facilities and any other location as directed by management
- Pick customer orders and load the truck at the Profit Centre with material to be delivered curb side to customers or vendors while ensuring the necessary equipment to safely load the truck is available
- Secure loads properly following all legislation, ensuring nothing will shift, get damaged or fall from the truck
- Complete pre-trip inspections and inform management of any mechanical problems with the truck
- At the end of the workday, ensure that the driver’s log is completed
- Understand the shipping documents, including Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), that are associated with the material for each delivery
- Unload the correct material at each location and place it where the receiving party wants it and obtain a signature from the receiving party
- Work with customers at the delivery site to resolve shipping discrepancies quickly and accurately
- Load the truck at other locations including material picked up at vendors and returns by customers
- Provide sales leads by noting prospective customers discovered in the course of making deliveries
- Understand and follow all safety regulations at all customer locations as well as at the Profit Centre
- Support all Profit Centre activities as part of the Profit Centre team
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager or Warehouse Supervisor
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- A clean driver’s abstract that demonstrates good driving skills in compliance with company policy
- Experience driving a truck and making deliveries preferred
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing driving motor vehicles and commercial vehicles subject to Provincial Ministry of Transportation regulations
- Understanding of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act
- Ability to safely operate a delivery vehicle
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Able to remain calm and function effectively in stressful, unexpected, or emergency situations
- Ability to learn and operate material handling equipment
- Previous experience with or knowledge of plumbing or building products sold at the Profit Centre
- Experience using Trend, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter, resume, a copy of your drivers abstract, and CVOR by email to: email@example.com
Emco is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. Emco is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.