At EMCO Corporation, our widespread success comes from an uncompromising commitment to our people. If you want to join an innovative, nationally recognized, and growing wholesale distribution company – then come explore a career with us!
We are currently hiring a full-time Inside Account Manager at our EMCO HVAC location in Surrey, BC
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As an Inside Account Manager, you will be responsible for interacting with customers primarily over the phone. You will provide excellent customer service to generate and close sales and meet or exceed sales and gross profit targets to increase profit sharing while building long lasting loyal customer relationships. Additional duties include:
- Process sales orders and turn quotations into orders through customer interactions, primarily over the phone
- Grow and retain established customer base; develop new customers using outbound calling campaigns
- Meet or exceed the Profit Centre’s gross profit and sales targets
- Interact and assist customers who come to the Profit Centre to pick up orders
- Investigate and resolve customer issues such as pricing deductions and product returns
- Obtain delivery details from customers on when/where orders are needed
- Be a constant and dependable point of communication for customers
- Stay up to date with customer projects and anticipate product needs
- Expedite customer material with vendors when required
- Follow up with customers on quotes and outstanding orders
- Support the Outside Sales, Counter and Warehouse Teams with customer orders and issues
- Be an integral part of the team supporting all activities that occur at the Profit Centre
- Communicate to the Profit Centre Manager and Credit Department any changes in a customer’s business that might cause a credit risk
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- College and/or University degree (Preferred)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in customer service or inside sales – contractor experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Outstanding customer service and telephone skills
- Ability to prospect new customers and increase sales with existing accounts
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and strong organizational abilities; must be able to multitask and balance many different deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to identify customer requirements and provide profitable solutions and close the sale
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills
- Previous experience with or knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
- Experience using Trend and Eclipse
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We welcome all applications to ensure we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities in which we live and serve. Should you require an accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.