Inside Sales Representative
EMCO Corporation is the leading plumbing and heating wholesaler in Calgary, Alberta. For over 116 years, EMCO has been the trusted supplier of quality, sustainable and innovative plumbing and heating products for homeowners, designers, home builders and contractors.
Our talented team of professionals have been the key to our success. We are a high-performing, cross-functional team that support each other on a daily basis to ensure we provide total customer satisfaction…always! We believe every customer’s needs are important and unique and we use this as our guiding principle.
Our team is growing, and we have an exciting full-time opportunity available for an Inside Sales Representative at our plumbing division location at EMCO Calgary Foothills, AB.
What You’ll Do:
As an Inside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for interacting with customers primarily over the phone and by email. You will provide excellent customer service to generate and close sales and meet or exceed sales and gross profit targets to increase profit sharing while building long lasting loyal customer relationships.
Additional duties will include:
• Process sales orders and turn quotations into orders through customer interactions, primarily over the phone
• Maintain relationships with established key accounts and ensure that their requests are being met
• Use interpersonal skills to strengthen relationships with existing customers and increase market share
• Manage lead times and delivery deadlines, including keeping detailed records of lead times and communicating lead time updates to the customer
• Prospect and develop new customers using outbound calling campaigns
• Investigate and resolve customer issues such as pricing deductions and product returns
• Expedite customer material with vendors when required
• Follow up with customers on quotes and outstanding orders
• Support the Outside Sales and Counter Teams with customer orders and issues
• Be an integral part of the team supporting all activities that occur at our location
• Communicate to the Manager and Credit Department any changes in a customer’s business that might cause a credit risk
• Perform other tasks as requested by the Manager
What We Are Looking for From You:
• Post-secondary education: College diploma and/or University degree
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in customer service or inside sales – contractor experience preferred
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
• Outstanding customer service and telephone skills
• Ability to prospect new customers and increase sales with existing accounts
• Possess a high level of attention to detail and strong organizational abilities; must be able to multitask and balance many different deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
• Ability to identify customer requirements and provide profitable solutions and close the sale
• Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
• Intermediate math skills
• Previous experience with or knowledge of plumbing and heating products
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation prides itself on being a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We also offer all our teammates:
• Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
• A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
• Participation in our Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Wellness and Employee and Family Assistance Programs
• Work-life balance
• Employee discount
• The ability to take part in fun team building events
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to Nicole Sawatsky at: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.