We have an immediate full-time opportunity available for an Operations Specialist at our EMCO location in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
As an Operations Specialist, you will handle all aspects of our paperwork including shipping feedback, cash sale transactions, banking and report reconciliation and vendor payable issues.
Additional duties will include:
- Provide accurate and timely invoicing of customer shipments daily
- Assist in servicing customers including answering phones
- Filing of packing slips, pickers, and reconciled reports
- Reconcile daily cash transaction payments, prepare the bank deposit, and submit deposit paperwork for our head office (National Support Centre)
- Obtain, review, verify and enter purchase and expense vendor invoices, debit memos and debit cancellations in the system for processing in an accurate and timely manner
- Work in conjunction with Counter Sales teammates to find order discrepancies to ensure all products are received and accounted for
- Advise vendors on warranty claims for their customers and process them in a timely manner
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to all customer, vendor, credit, and National Support Centre inquiries in a timely fashion that exceeds the customer’s expectations and benefits of the Profit Centre
- Enter customer credit notes and vendor debits in the system
- Reconcile petty cash and cash sheets daily
- Update information into PeopleSoft
- Understand and follow safety regulations at customer locations and in the Profit Centre
- Support all Profit Centre activities as part of the Profit Centre Team
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
- Education: college and/or university degree an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with customer service, accounts payable, accounts receivable or similar role
- Knowledge of basic accounts receivable/payable bookkeeping practices and terms
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and an attention to detail
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to prioritize work projects and multitask
- Intermediate math skills
- Previous experience with or knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
- Experience with M3
About EMCO Plumbing Division Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu :
At EMCO, we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service, focusing on growing our business by doing the right thing and having a team of motivated people that act like owners. We offer a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As a teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. EMCO Corporation who is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry.
EMCO strives to satisfy the needs of its customers with a focused product assortment that is transported and sold through an extensive network of locations across Canada. To learn more about our organization and business, please visit https://emco.ca/.
What EMCO offers you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
If you consider yourself to have a ‘can do’ attitude and are focused on providing our clients with outstanding service, then this could be the role you are seeking. Please send your resume and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Emco is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment and barrier-free workplaces where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. Emco is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.