At EMCO Corporation, our widespread success comes from an uncompromising commitment to our people. If you want to join an innovative, nationally recognized, and growing wholesale distribution company – then come explore a career with us!
We are currently hiring a full-time Outside Account Manager at our EMCO HVAC location in Surrey, BC
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As an Outside Account Manager, you will develop lasting, ethical customer relationships to maximize the profitable sales for each customer in an effort to grow profit sharing at the Profit Centre. You will become an integral part of each account, understanding the customer’s business and needs, ensuring our role as their primary supplier. Additional duties will include:
- Visit customer offices, shops, and job sites to assess the customer’s business, understand their needs and to develop and maintain strong relationships in order to generate and close profitable sales
- Prospect and identify new customers and alert the Profit Centre Manager and Credit Team of viable prospects
- Lead and own the sales process including producing sales call reports, territory planning and growth targets
- Analyze customer data, develop, and execute strategies to profitably grow market share while meeting and exceeding targets set at the Profit Centre
- Process orders, quotes, job packages and any other sales functions required
- Investigate and resolve customer issues; address short payments and returns in a timely fashion that exceeds the customer’s expectations and benefits of the Profit Centre
- Work with the Profit Centre Manager and Credit Team to facilitate payment of all accounts receivable and communicate any changes in the customer’s business that might affect the credit standing
- Develop and oversee implementation of strategic vendor programs designed to profitably grow the business; participate in vendor trade shows and industry conventions
- Understand and follow all safety regulations at all customer locations as well as at the Profit Centre
- Support the Customer Service Representatives and all Profit Centre activities as part of the Profit Centre team
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- College and/or University degree (Preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with customer service or counter sales
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Driven to continually identify and pursue new customers and to profitably increase market share of each assigned customer
- Ability to gain comprehensive knowledge of product and value-added services
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining tight deadlines with multiple projects
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills
- Able to learn how to operate material handling equipment
- Previous experience with or knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
- Experience using Trend and Eclipse
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We welcome all applications to ensure we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities in which we live and serve. Should you require an accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.