Are you seeking to be a part of a hardworking team?
We are seeking a highly motivated full time Payroll Specialist who has the drive to be accountable for all administrative functions of a companywide payroll system while providing support to all our locations across Canada. The successful candidate will be post-secondary educated with outstanding customer service skills and strong attention to detail. The candidate’s drive and passion to provide exceptional service levels and embrace our core values and our decentralized model will be keys to success.
Emco is one of Canada’s largest leading national wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products and we are determined to provide quality and cutting-edge products that help support residential, commercial and infrastructure initiatives across Canada. Our talented and passionate team members are the key to our success. At Emco, we empower our team members to act like owners and make a difference within our business through striving for innovation and providing excellent customer service.
This exciting full time Payroll Specialist position is located at our head office (known as the National Support Centre) in London, Ontario. Our National Support Centre provides centralized support and is focused on providing value-added services to our 275 locations across Canada.
- Administer and process all tasks related to the opening and closing of multiple payroll groups in all provinces across Canada, including Quebec
- Upload and enter hours, deductions, salary, banking, tax, and status changes for each of the payroll groups
- Process and review all new hires and terminations as needed including issuing government record of employment (ROE’s)
- Submit and reconcile general ledger accounts to the payroll accounts
- Process and remit the biweekly vacation accrual as well as annual reminders and payout calculations
- Process government remittances on a biweekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Process intercompany cross border calculations on a per pay basis
- Annual administrative duties such as balance year end files and error reports
- Process annual T4’s and RL1’s
- Respond to teammates’ questions and issues that may arise
- Lead and participate in various projects as needed, including any new company acquisitions
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes and online automation
- Represent Emco professionally in all interactions and manage relationships with outside providers
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Payroll, Accounting, or similar field
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification or working towards the completion of the program
- 3-5 years of work experience with a full Payroll cycle including opening and closing, multi-province legislation and vacation accruals
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HRIS system is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in French would be a significant plus
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.