At EMCO Corporation, our widespread success comes from an uncompromising commitment to our people. If you want to join an innovative, nationally recognized, and growing wholesale distribution company – then come explore a career with us!
We are currently hiring a full-time Profit Centre Administrator at our EMCO HVAC location in North Vancouver, BC
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As a Profit Centre Administrator, you will handle all aspects of paperwork including shipping feedback, cash sale transactions, banking and report reconciliation and vendor payables issues. Additional duties will include:
- Provide accurate and timely invoicing of customer shipments daily
- Assist in servicing customers including answering phones
- Filing of packing slips, pickers, and reconciled reports
- Reconcile daily cash transactions payments, prepare the bank deposit, and submit deposit paperwork for the National Support Centre
- Obtain, review, verify and enter purchase and expense vendor invoices, debit memos and debit cancellations in the system for processing in an accurate and timely manner
- Work in conjunction with Counter Sales teammates to find order discrepancies to ensure all products are received and accounted for
- Advise vendors on warranty claims for their customers and process them in a timely manner
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to all customer, vendor, credit, and National Support Centre inquiries in a timely fashion that exceeds the customers’ expectations and benefits of the Profit Centre
- Enter customer credit notes and vendor debits in the system
- Reconcile petty cash and cash sheets daily
- Update information into PeopleSoft
- Understand and follow all safety regulations at all customer locations as well as at the Profit Centre
- Support all Profit Centre activities as part of the Profit Centre Team
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with customer service, accounts payable, accounts receivable or similar role
- Knowledge of basic accounts receivable/payable bookkeeping practices and terms
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and an attention to detail
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to prioritize work projects and multitask
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills
- Previous experience with or knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We welcome all applications to ensure we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities in which we live and serve. Should you require an accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.