At Westlund, our widespread success comes from an uncompromising commitment to our people. If you want to join an innovative, inclusive, nationally recognized, and growing wholesale distribution company – then come explore a career with us!
We are currently looking for a full-time Profit Centre Manager for our Westlund location in Vancouver, British Columbia.
As a Profit Centre Manager, you will be responsible for leading all business operations, specifically your sales and operations teams to grow a sustainably profitable, customer driven business. The ideal candidate for this role will possess business leadership experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Hire and develop employees – maintaining employee satisfaction
- Generate strong financial results through leadership focused on people and customers, in full alignment with Westlund’s business model.
- Manage a team of customer service professionals.
- Represent Westlund to the customer network of the business. Be able to navigate high level relationships and negotiations with customer partners.
- Analyze monthly financial reports and implement appropriate strategies to increase sales, improve operating efficiencies, manage assets, and achieve ROI and profit-sharing targets
- Defining goals and strategies to grow market share and share of customer wallet within the Industrial market segment
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Ensuring quality of customer service and ongoing measurement of customer loyalty including monitoring satisfaction with products and services, complaint resolution and communication
- Supporting the business planning process (forecast reviews)
- Providing information on customer/competitive intelligence as well as assisting the Regional Manager in:
- Development of a common vision – Engage Managers and draw upon the team to develop a common vision
- Development and application of a regional strategy – Build a strategy designed to differentiate Westlund amongst competitors
- Inspirational leadership – Develop and promote a culture of high expectations, a winning attitude, strong team dynamics, pride in achievements, fun and collaboration; create a culture which will encourage generation of new ideas, challenging the status quo and active sharing of information
- Customer relationship management – Develop and maintain strong relationships with our chosen base of customers
- Business and financial performance– Assist in developing increases in top and bottom-line performance with a view to achieving consistent and sustainable improvements in results and a track record of performance
- University degree or college diploma preferred with at least 3 years of relevant business experience is preferred
- Experience within the wholesale/distribution sector with an organization which sells to small, medium-sized to large accounts, owner-operated businesses (preferably through a multi-branch network) is an asset
- Possess a strategic mindset with excellent general and business management skills coupled with strong operational financial acumen
- Experience in a role with P&L responsibility and have a proven track record of building business and improving financial performance is preferred
- Strong sales and customer service orientation
- Ability to coach and mentor teammates and possess an excellent judge of people and talent
- Ability to identify and address gaps in performance appropriately, making tough decisions when necessary and providing the support and development to enable people to achieve their full potential
- Exceptional relationship builder with a strong sense of protocol balanced with an informal yet credible style
- Ability to effectively work with a wide variety of individuals including senior executives within the supplier community as well as contractors/customers out in the field
To experience success in this role, you will accomplish the following within the first 12-18 months of employment:
- Achieve improvement in growth of the business and have gained market share
- Created a collaborative, proud and cohesive environment with the team
- Built strong relationships with vendors, customers, internal teammates as well as a strong connection to the community
Why Join Our Team?
Westlund is one of Canada’s leading national distributors of Industrial pipe, valves and fittings. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please include Profit Centre Manager – Westlund, Vancouver, BC in your subject line. Send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Gary Vickers at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westlund, a division of Emco, is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. Westlund is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.