At EMCO Corporation, our widespread success comes from an uncompromising commitment to our people. If you want to join an innovative, nationally recognized, and growing wholesale distribution company – then come explore a career with us!
We are currently hiring a full-time Profit Centre Supervisor at our EMCO Waterworks location in Prince George, British Columbia
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As a Profit Centre Supervisors, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to drive sales and profitability, ensuring sales, gross profit and profit sharing goals are achieved. The supervisor is accountable for sustaining consistent profitability of the business. Duties include:
- Achieve sales, gross profit and profit sharing goals through the recruitment, development, training, coaching, evaluation and management of the Profit Centre team.
- Analyze data and implement appropriate strategies to increase sales, improve operating efficiencies, manage assets and increase ROI and profit sharing.
- Assist with servicing customers, inventory control, shipping and receiving, warehousing and sales as part of the Profit Centre team.
- Build relationships in the community to understand the marketplace, increase market share and identify new markets.
- Develop and oversee implementation and management of strategic vendor programs designed to profitably grow the business.
- Understand and ensure teammates follow all safety regulations at the Profit Centre and at all customer locations including jobsites.
- Safeguard and maintain all Profit Centre assets – buildings, trucks, equipment, inventory and receivables.
- Ensure all SPI’s are followed and implemented at the Profit Centre
- Uphold EMCO Core Values at all times.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the Regional Manager.
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- University Degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in wholesale distribution
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, sound business judgment and the capacity for continued growth and development into a Profit Centre Manager role
- Possess a strong work ethic and high standard of integrity
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and strong organizational abilities; must be able to multitask and balance many different deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Able to learn how to operate material handling equipment
- Willing to invest a minimum of 40 hours in training annually
- Intermediate math skills
- Previous experience with or knowledge of waterworks products
- Previous experience in the construction industry
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We welcome all applications to ensure we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities in which we live and serve. Should you require an accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.