|Are you looking for a full-time career…Monday to Friday straight days with no weekends or evenings…that offers a pension, benefits…and Profit sharing! At EMCO Corporation, our widespread success comes from an uncompromising commitment to our people. If you want to join an innovative, nationally recognized, and growing wholesale distribution company – then come explore a career with us!
We are currently hiring a full-time Receiver at our EMCO HVAC location in Waterloo, ON
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As a Receiver you will be responsible for verifying, receiving, and putting away incoming vendor material along with keeping the warehouse in a professional well-organized state. A strong attention to detail will ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and accuracy in this role!
Additional duties will include:
- Follow all Health and Safety rules and legislation while performing job functions
- Load and unload trucks, operate forklift and other material handling equipment
- Receiving duties include:
- Upon unloading vendor shipments or customer returns, obtain the packing slip and verify material received. Note any discrepancies or damaged material
- Print and verify the computer receiving documents and enter material received into the computer system
- Identify special order material and damaged material and store in proper location
- Note all shipping discrepancies on freight carrier’s Bill of Lading, initiate freight claims and forward paperwork to appropriate teammate
- In addition to receiving responsibilities you will be responsible for supporting Operational areas of the business that include:
- Managing the bin locations and inventory logistics of a 25,000 square foot facility
- Assisting, leading & supporting all areas of Health & Safety
- Assembling material and pack appropriately for pick up or shipment to customer
- Complete documentation for any shipments being delivered via third party carrier or requiring Transportation of Dangerous Goods documentation
- Inform the Supervisor of any inventory discrepancies and damaged/defective material that would impact customer service levels
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and safety by removing empty cartons, metal banding, pallets, and other debris
- Inform Warehouse Supervisor and/or Profit Centre Manager of any safety issues within the warehouse
- Assist teammates in servicing customers at the counter
- Supporting the shipping side of business during peak periods and picking and packing orders for customer delivery
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 3 years of Operations/Logistics/Warehouse experience
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop comprehensive product knowledge
- Ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and any other material handling equipment
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills
- Experience using Trend, Eclipse, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous experience in Warehouse Environment & Operations
- Experience with Material handling equipment
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We welcome all applications to ensure we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities in which we live and serve. Should you require an accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.