Are you looking to launch a career in business?
Whether you see yourself in sales, management, operations or customer service, the Strategic Development Program will prepare you to create your ideal career. Successful graduates of the program have continued their careers with EMCO in various positions such as Senior Account Managers, Technical Sales Specialists, Purchasers, Operations Managers and more.
The Strategic Development Program is a full-time entry level position, where you will learn hands-on and receive the guidance, mentoring, and support you need to be successful in your career at EMCO.
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As a Strategic Development Program Trainee, you will progress through a 5 phased program to learn every aspect of our business from shipping and receiving, to sales, operations, purchasing, account management and everything in between. Additional duties will include:
Phase 1 – Warehouse Logistics – Learn the products we sell, how they get from the vendor to the customer and understand all levels of sales support.
Phase 2 – Operations – Get involved in our customer service, counter sales, order management, inventory and pricing controls, credit management, financial statements, and much more…
Phase 3 – Inside Sales/Project Management – Go from helping customers with various product and service issues to managing large-scale projects.
Phase 4 – Outside Sales/Account Management – Learn how to find new business opportunities, sell our products, negotiate contracts, and build customer and vendor relationships.
Phase 5 – In this phase, you can take all of your training and determine your ideal career path.
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- College and/or University degree
- Positive attitude and results oriented mindset
- Desire to continuously learn and grow
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Previous experience with or knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We welcome all applications to ensure we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities in which we live and serve. Should you require an accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.